Beaches, Costa Blanca
The Southern Costa Blanca or The White Coast as the name means has an average of 320 days a year of sunshine and maintains an average year round temperature of 24°C. According to the World Health Organisation the area has the “healthiest climate in the world”.
The Costa Blanca beaches are famous throughout Europe with long stretches of soft white sand and sparkling clear Mediterranean Sea. Each boasts the European Blue Flag awarded for clean beaches.
The Orihuela Costa lies on the most Southern point of the Costa Blanca and comprises roughly 16 km of fine powder-sand beaches, rocky coves and sparkling blue waters of the Mediterranean.
- Punta Prima on the N332 road boasts 2 beautiful beaches plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants.
- Playa Flamenca has 2 delightful beaches. At night there is the popular Playa Flamenca Centre with 3 floors of eating, drinking and playing for those who like their nightlife loud and with a party atmosphere
- La Zenia is another great Orihuela Costa all year round favourite, again with stunning beaches.
- Cabo Roig. A walk to Torre del Cabo Roig, a look-out point with stunning views of the beaches below, Cala Caleta and Playa de la Regia, the Yachting Marina and views over to La Manga strip on the Costa Calida.
- Dehesa de Campoamor is the quieter part of the Orihuela Costa for beaches, relaxation and sailing.
- Mil Palmeras is a quiet coastal area that only really comes to life in the summer months. The name literally means a thousand palms. Here is the Pueblo Latino, a square frequented by the locals and tourists alike with many bars, shops and restaurants around a charming square leading to the beach.